Monday, July 11, 2005

Best voice message since I started work
From a Washington DC gossip columnist: (bright voice, British accent)
"Hi, this is D---- M-------, returning your call. I'm so sorry I
missed your call, but I was at a luncheon. Feel free to call me at
home, but I have to warn you I'm about to make myself a stiff drink,
so it may be better to try me tomorrow morning. Take care!"

I can imagine her with her martini in hand, reclining (legs up) on her
divan couch in her Chanel suit.

---

here are some pics from the past few weeks:



my mom made boston baked beans. yum.



here is the yummy pizza i made, per rachel's recipe, from minnay.



finally, my mom's been cleaning out her papers, and she found this envelope. it's an old worn envelope that reads "Lisa's garage sale." we haven't had a garage sale in at least 15 years. the envelope is sealed, but from the sound of it, there is only change inside. maybe 80 cents. i'm going to keep it closed, for a really rainy day.

No comments: